The City of Corvallis, in cooperation with local health authorities, is announcing a number of event cancellations and facility closures to reduce the spread of the novel coronavirus, which causes the COVID-19 respiratory illness. City Manager Mark Shepard issued a local emergency declaration on Friday, March 13, to gain access to state and federal resources if the response exceeds local capacity.
Effective Saturday, March 14:
- Osborn Aquatic Center and Majestic Theatre will be closed to the public through the end of March. All recreation events, activities, classes, and rehearsals scheduled by Parks and Recreation have been cancelled through the end of March. This includes programs at the Corvallis Community Center, which is closed for renovation but had been hosting programs at other locations. Outside organizations that booked these facilities for rental events can cancel without penalty by contacting the Parks and Recreation Department at 541-766-6918.
- The Corvallis-Benton County Library will close its Main Library and branch libraries in Alsea, Monroe, and Philomath through the end of March. All library programs and outreach events have been canceled as well, and Bookmobile stops are temporarily suspended during this time.
- The Corvallis Police Department and Corvallis Fire Department are suspending their ride-along programs until further notice. CPD also intends to postpone its 10-week Citizens Police Academy, which had been scheduled to begin April 1. CPD will contact the current batch of academy applicants to advise them of the schedule change.
- The City of Corvallis Finance Department will suspend water service disconnections due to unpaid bills for a period of 30 days. Emergency low-income assistance is also available for customers facing emergency shut-off notices due to unpaid bills.
- The Municipal Court will work with community members who had previously scheduled court dates to reschedule for future dates without incurring a penalty. Contact the Municipal Court at 541-766-6948 to reschedule an appearance.