From October 21 to October 25, OSU will be hosting (Re)Vision Week, a series of events geared towards changing the norms around college-aged drinking and sexual assault. Listed here are the events set to take place over the course of the week:
Healthy Relationships Panel – Monday, October 21: 5pm-7pm, Native American Longhouse Eena Haws
- To start off (Re)Vision Week, the Women and Gender Center, Pride Center, and Wellness Agents wil; be hosting a panel which focuses on maintaining healthy relationships of both a platonic and romantic nature.
Jackson Katz Lecture – Tuesday, October 22: 6:30pm, LaSells Stewart Center
- Dr. Katz is, among many other things, a well-regarded social theorist and integral proponent for the broader prevention of gender violence. For this lecture, Dr. Katz will be touching on how men can take active roles in the prevention of gender violence.
UHDS Tailgate – Wednesday, October 23: 4pm-7pm, Student Experience Center Plaza
- OSU’s University Housing and Dining Services, in conjunction with the Wellness Agents program, will be hosting an afternoon-long event full of food and games, centered around learning about safe drinking and safe sex.
Halloween Safety Panel – Thursday, October 24: 12pm-1pm, Student Experience Center Lounge
- OSU’s Alcohol Prevention Specialist, along with police officers, come together to offer strategies for a safe and fun Halloween.
Bystander Intervention Open Workshop – Thursday, October 24: 5pm-7pm, Memorial Union Room 109
- On Thursday evening, Student Health Services will be hosting a workshop geared towards teaching OSU community members how to intervene and prevent situations that may lead to sexual violence.
(Re)Vision Block Party – Friday, October 25: 2pm-4pm, Student Experience Center Plaza
- To end (Re)Vision Week, the Wellness Agents will be hosting another party full of food, fun and prizes.
By Thomas Nguyen