Behind the current headlines, homelessness is a complicated tangle of stories and a web of area services trying to meet a diversity of needs. Some of the people running these services will be on hand for the next City Club of Corvallis Lunch to discuss what is currently available to prevent homelessness, and to help those that are currently homeless.
This panel will seek to step outside the ongoing controversies for a deeper discussion with service providers, in order to focus on underlying causes as well as the supports currently available.
• Community Outreach Inc. Executive Director, Kari Whitacre
• Corvallis Housing First Executive Director, Andrea Myhre
• Jackson Street Youth Shelter Executive Director, Ann Craig
• Housing Opportunities Action Coalition Manager, Shawn Collins
• Room at the Inn Women’s Shelter Director, Sara Power
This event is free and open to the public. Scheduled for Tuesday, November 13, doors will open at 11:30 am at the Boys & Girls Club of Corvallis at 1112 NW Circle Blvd. The event will begin at noon, and a lunch from Valley Catering will be available: $10 for members and $15 for nonmembers. To reserve lunch, send email to email@example.com or visit http://cityclubofcorvallis.com by Friday, November 9.
By Andy Thompson