June’s art walk looks like it is shaping up to be especially strong. I’m excited (clearly) to welcome recent Portland State University MFA graduate Shawn Creeden to town for his CEI Artworks exhibit, and perhaps equally so to see the Reynold’s Gallery’s first exhibition, Convergence: process + identity, granted a second month of display. Pretty much everything looks great, but the Around Oregon Annual at The Arts Center, and the Senioritis exhibit and after-party at Rhizosphere Studios have really caught my eye.
Hmm… what am I forgetting? Oh, that’s right: A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO BRUCE BURRIS, WHO WAS RECENTLY ANNOUNCED AS A 2018 HALLIE FORD FELLOW! It’s tremendously well-deserved, and just more proof as to why we’re so incredibly lucky to have Bruce here in our community. They couldn’t have chosen a better artist or human being.
If you’re out and about this CAW (and you should be), give him an awkward high five!
The CAW traditionally runs from 4 to 8 p.m., but not all venues follow that standard. For more information, extended descriptions, and up-to-date information, please visit http://www.corvallisartswalk.
• The Arts Center, 700 SW Madison Avenue
• Brittney West Studio / Plant Possee, 340 SW 2nd Street, Studio 3
• CEI ArtWorks Gallery, 408 SW Monroe Avenue, Suite 110
• Darkside Cinema, 215 SW 4th St.
• Fred Amos Art Studio, 340 SW 2nd St. Studio #12
• The Hold, 425 SW 4th St., Suite E-2
• Karen Wysopal, 230 SW 3rd St. #310
• Little Gallery, Kidder Hall, 2000 SW Campus Way
• Majestic Theatre, 115 SW 2nd St.
• Pegasus Gallery, 341 SW 2nd Street
• Pops Art Studio, 425 SW Madison Avenue, Suite P1
• Reynolds Gallery@Reynolds Law Firm, 225 SW 4th St
• Rhizosphere Studios, 230 SW 3rd St,
• Studio Beatrice, 230 NW 6th St.
• Voices Gallery, 301 SW Street, Suite 160
By Johnny Beaver