Oregon State University art is really killing it this month, as we slide into a very frosty third Thursday.
Perhaps easily missed, yet not to be, is OSU professor and master printmaker Yuji Hiratsuka’s, Used Copper, which will be installed in The Littlest Gallery (on the wall outside of the Madison Starbucks).
A hop, a skip, and a jump away you’ll find The Surface of the Sky at CEI Artworks Gallery. This show, from OSU instructor of sculpture (and all around badas*), Michael Boonstra, will feature a number of decade-old drawings that have been re-imagined to not only reflect past projects, but engage with his current creative juices. For the record, “juices” was my word, not his.
Next, we have Fairbanks Gallery, where you’ll be treated to the annual Montage Student Juried exhibit, Put on by OSU’s art club, it’s all but guaranteed to show you something you’ve never seen before, or at least seldom see around here. This year it is being juried by OSU instructors, Andy Myers and Andrew Nigon. If you can only see five shows a year, this better be one of them.
As per usual, there’s really nowhere you shouldn’t check out. Seriously, get all up in those nooks and crannies. However, I’d definitely be remiss if I didn’t also mention The Arts Center’s De-construction of an exhibit. Take a look behind the scenes and learn about the whole exhibition process – from empty walls to show, to preparations for the next one. Buying, pickup, packing, tracking orders, patch and paint, etc. The whole kit n’ caboodle.
The CAW traditionally runs from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., but not all venues follow the standard. As always, for more information please visit http://www.corvallisartswalk.
• Darkside Cinema, 215 SW 4th St.
• Fred Amos Art Studio, 340 SW 2nd St. Studio #12
• The Hold, 425 SW 4th St., Suite E-2
• CEI ArtWorks Gallery, 408 SW Monroe Avenue, Suite 110
• The Littlest Gallery, Glass Case at Starbucks, 4th Street at Madison
• Studio Beatrice, 230 NW 6th Street
• The Arts Center, 700 SW Madison Avenue
• Pops Art Studio, 425 SW Madison Avenue, Suite P1
• Teal Artist Cooperative, 328 SW 2nd St,
• The Majestic Theatre • 115 SW 2nd St
By Johnny Beaver