Dear ganja enthusiast, some disclaimers…. Dosages are based on a series of calculations not knowing precise information about the THC content and weight of the product you use. If you are concerned about precise medicating, proceed with extreme caution.
Every person is different. For example, our Matron Saint can eat one 12 mg cookie and be stoned for six hours, while I, the prodigal daughter, could eat four and barely start to feel the comfort. Remember, you can always have more, but you cannot un-eat later.
With this in mind, the following recipes are functional for all levels of THC, CBDs, and all the other acronyms we’re learning to love. These recipes are for mid-level dosages—you can increase or decrease potency based on your desires, so user discretion is advised!
Coconut Cannabusted Oil
Tools and Ingredients:
Straining cloth (We use old pillowcases.)
Amount of dry cannabis, preferably decarbed
For this recipe, we’re using a ratio of 1 cup coconut oil for every ¼ ounce of product (approximately 7 grams). Let’s pretend we know our product is 13% THC. If we follow our recipe carefully and release the optimal amount of said THC, then our net final product will contain up to 910 mg.
1. Mix your coconut oil and product together in your slow cooker. At room temperature, we can expect the oil to be solid; this is fine.
2. Heat on warm or low for two to three hours, stirring every half hour. Make sure that your slow cooker does not heat the oil mixture above 160 degrees.
3. Cool for 20 minutes.
4. Set spout over container. Line the spout with your cloth. Slowly pour your oil mixture into the cloth until it fill the spout, squeezing your oil through the cloth. Take as many rounds as necessary. You must use your muscles. Substitute for any recipes calling for coconut oil.
Choco-chunk Coconut Oiled Hunks
Makes 24 nubbins
¾ cup melted Coconut Cannabusted Oil
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
¼ cup raw sugar
2 cups flour (I use all-purpose)
1 small packet instant pudding (any flavor you like)
1 teaspoon baking soda
12 ounce chocolate hunks
¼ to ½ cup coconut shavings (optional)
You have to cool the dough for at least four hours. Deal with it.
1. Combine butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Beat until well-mixed.
2. Add your flour, pudding mix, and baking soda. Beat these together until just combined.
3. Add your chocolate pieces. At this point, the dough should be shaggy; oily in some
places, dry in others. That’s normal, I promise.
4. Now squeeze these sweet hunks into 24 nubbins of love. Flatten these nubbins into
disks on a baking sheet/cutting board/other wide, flat surface and place in the fridge for
AT LEAST FOUR HOURS.
5. After you COOLED YOUR DAMN JETS for four hours—you’ll regret it otherwise—preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
6. Take the cookies from the fridge and place on foil-lined cookie sheets. Now, if you like,
you can dust them with coconut chunks of love.
7. Place in oven and cook for 11 minutes, until the edges don’t jiggle when you give them a light press.
If we are using the same potency of oil that we have made in the last recipe, we can then assume that this recipe will yield up to 30 mg of THC per cookie. Go slow!
Spliff These Biscuits
2 cups self-rising flour
¼ cup solid Coconut Cannabusted Oil
¾ cup cold milk (plant milks work)
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Bring the oil and flour together in a bowl with your hands until they form a crummy
3. Fold in milk until soft dough is formed. At this point, your dough should be sticking to
itself, not to the sides of the bowl. Knead until just combined.
4. Take your shaggy dough ball out of the bowl and toss it onto a floured surface, pressing
and rolling it until it is half an inch thick.
5. Using a glass turned upside down, cut the dough into eight circles and place on a lightly
greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
If we assume we have used the same Coconut Cannabusted Oil as before, these biscuits have the potential to be up to 29 mg per biscuit. I’d butter that bread!