January’s art walk rotates the venues a bit, and sees the departure of CAW staple Bison! Bison!
After two years on the scene, the space is celebrating their time with a closing reception called, “Goner from Laconner.” It will be featuring work from showrunner Chris Adams, as well as a number of artists from past Bison! Bison! Exhibitions. We here at The Advocate are sorry to see the space go, but so glad it was here!
While you’d be essentially committing a crime by missing out on the farewell, be sure to also check out the Holly Campbell show at Voices Gallery, where you’ll be greeted by acrylic beaches, galaxies and fairy cottages, the outstanding Rachel Mulder ink on paper show at CEI Artworks, and a collection of gorgeous prints from Japanese print collective, Atelier Outotsu, up in the Oregon State University Fairbanks Gallery.
This only happens once a month, so you should probably put on your best walking shoes, grab a scarf and a coffee, and hit every destination.
The CAW traditionally runs from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., but not all venues follow the standard. As always, for more information please visit http://www.corvallisartswalk.
• Darkside Cinema, 215 SW 4th St.
• Fred Amos Art Studio, 340 SW 2nd St. Studio #12
• The Hold, 425 SW 4th St., Suite E-2
• CEI ArtWorks Gallery, 408 SW Monroe Avenue, Suite 110
• The Arts Center, 700 SW Madison Avenue
• Pops Art Studio, 425 SW Madison Avenue, Suite P1
• Karen Wysopal, 230 SW 3rd St. #310
• Jeff Hess Studio, 460 SW Madison Ave. Suite 16
• Evil Eye Collective, 215 SW 4th St.
• Bison Bison!, 354 SW Madison Ave.
By Johnny Beaver