We are now proud to announce that our Oregon State’s KBVR FM, 88.7, has won the award for Best College Radio for a university of over 10,000 students at the 74th annual Intercollegiate Broadcasting System (IBS) Conference in New York. OSU was the only West Coast station to be nominated for this category, competing with William Patterson University in New Jersey and Columbia College Chicago in Illinois.
IBS is an educational association comprising more than a thousand high school and college broadcast stations and webcasters. KBVR FM Station Manager Jodie Davaz, KBVR FM Promotions Director Matt Walton, and Broadcasting Advisor Bill Gross were in attendance to accept the award at the March 8 ceremony.
KBVR FM also won other awards, taking home a total of nine trophies in five categories.
Various KBVR FM programs won top honors from IBS including:
* Best Play-by-Play Football Broadcast: Matt Walton and Josh Worden
* Most Innovative Radio Program: Joey Hulbert and Zhian Kamvar
* Best Production Director: Megan Cummings
* Best Promotions Director: Matt Walton
KBVR FM was also a finalist for Best Overall Station. These staff members were named as finalists as well in the following categories:
* Jodie Davaz: Best Community News Coverage
* Marissa Solini: Best Program Director
* Jack Kemp: Best Engineer
Way to go, Beavs!
By Jennifer Smith