Discover the abundance of food available in winter and how to use it!
Saturday, Feb. 25th, 1-5 p.m.
First Congregational Church West Hills Rd., Corvallis.
1-2 – Panel Discussion
Annette Mills – The big picture of how eating locally benefits the economy
Jean Marr – What it takes to change your habits
Matt Bennett – Using local foods in cooking
Dr. Virginia Shapiro – Meeting your nutritional needs while eating seasonally
2-2:30 – Food Tasting & Community Fair
* Samples & recipes featuring local ingredients
* Cookbooks & gardening books from Grassroots Bookstore
* Growing tips from Schmidt’s Garden Center
* Community groups to get you activated
2:30-4:15 – Workshop Sessions
* Growing greens year round
* Food preservation
* Nutritional education & eating locally
* Raising urban chickens
4:15-5:00 – Q & A, Wrap-up
Child care provided.
Call 541-753-3115 for more information